Saturday, March 26, 2011

Motley Thoughts

My blogging mojo comes and goes.  Mostly goes.  So I compiled drafts from over the last few months I never finished into one big, happy, post.
  • Last night India was hit by a car.  Good thing it was parked.  Those darn side mirrors will always jump out at you.
  • The girls were shot by the nurse yesterday.  India survived.  But Maya's feelings were critically wounded for the rest of the day.
  • I forgot to send Valentine's Day cards with India to preschool.  Man I felt like a really big loser.
  • When I got out of the shower, Maya was dancing with to the radio with her stuffed Tinkerbell.  It was so sweet.  She could dance for hours with anyone and anything.
And some more cute expressions from the girlies:

"My brain is telling me I don't like raisins." ~India

India: "I'm going live in a castle and be Rapunzel  and save all the people!"
Katie Bangeter: "Rapunzel doesn't kill bad guys though."
India: "Well, THIS Rapunzel does!"
Me: "No. Please don't kill people even for pretend."
India: "What can we do then?"
Me:  "Put them in jail or be tricky and teach them a lesson!"
Katie Bangeter: "And we can use our princess swords and then put the bad guys in a secret princess garbage can."

India:  As I'm turning lights out for bed:  "Where's my freaking cup?"

Erin:  Deck the halls with balls of holly . . .
Ammon:  Really?  Holly balls?
Erin: Ummm, yeah.  Those little red things are balls.
Ammon:  No.  It's bows of holly.

Maya:  "Hold you?"

India:  "Stop freaking out Mom."

Maya: Pointing at the stamps on our hands when we went iceskating - "Hand beautiful."

India:  "I can't go to sleep.  There's something going on with my body, and I just don't know what it is."

India:  Before entering the ice rink, she gave herself a pep talk, "Don't give up! Don't give up! Don't give up!"

India:  First time around the ice rink:  "I am NEVER going to do that again."

2 comments:

Marshallman said...

@India: I've only been ice skating once (I think--maybe not even once). I vowed never to do it after falling on ice in fourth grade and smashing my face up, especially my teeth. You're not alone, little niece!

Kristin said...

Love funny quotes from kids. Be sure to save them.