Rhino Butt.
Maya was very upset when India left. She sobbed, "Dida . . . Dida . . . Dida!" over and over and over. We made it up to Maya by letting her wear India's Tinkerbell shirt and sleeping in India's bed. Then she had a whole night of Mommy and Daddy time.
The next morning we met up with India and Brittany at the nearly-empty zoo.
Baby Zuri would roll snow into little snowballs with her trunk and eat them!
This is George. The rhino up top is Princess.
We saw lots of these up close. Even fed one a cheese cracker. Shhhhh.
Brittany told the girls this peacock was showing off for them because he thought they were cute.
More backporch views.
I named this camel Prince Humperdinck.
The gorillas were showing off too.
We saw one of these big guys POOP into his own HAND then EAT it.
It was so National Geographic disgusting.
This guy was trying to catch some zzz's despite my obnoxious camera flashing.
It's too dark to see the gorilla. Maya is putting her hand on top of the gorilla's.
She may have been a little scared. But I couldn't lose this cool photo opportunity.
Isn't this picture cool? I love India's beautiful reflection. So sweet and innocent and Fern Gullyish.
Both girls cheesing by the gorilla again.
So basically, Brittany and I go nuts over the animals at the zoo.
And then the girls finally get to have fun when we take them to play at the zoo park afterwards.
Random fact: Maya's favorite song is 5 Little Monkeys Swinging in a Tree.
She likes to change up who the Mr. Crocodiles snatches out of the tree though.
Sometimes it's Ariel. Or Prince Eric. Or Mommy Elephant.
Mookie Maya.
India, Maya, and Brittany on seesaw.
Elephant slide.
Though there was snow on the ground, it wasn't terribly cold.
Sweet Maya. She's addicted to slides.
Last time. Then it was time to go.
I liked the white outlines on this duck.
My favorite bird. So elegant.
4 comments:
That looks like sooo much fun! I love the zoo. Your pics are amazing by the way (especially the gorilla reflection one. Maddux was fascinated by it!) What adorable little girlies you have!!
I love this. I love all your commentary about this zoo trip too. Poor Maya. That is so cute that she called for her big sis and was sad for her to be gone. I love India's tips for you on how to deal while she's away. So cute. Such a big, little girl. I love that Zuri rolls up the snow and eats it just like our little kiddos. Baby animals are not that much different from baby humans.
your girls are so adorable. I think they are so pretty
That gorilla picture with India reflected in it is awesome! We have the coolest zoo here in SC (you should come...). We go to the zoo about once a week. It's 80 degrees :). I love that India is worried about leaving Maya alone with you. Hee hee.
Post a Comment