India has quite a few aunties who are pregnant. But India's been asking how babies come out of their mommy's tummy. One of her friends told her, and she did not believe them. I usually giggle and run away. She asked me again tonight. And she asked what it is really called. (I say hoohaw, India says bum-bum, and Ammon says vajunior). So I had her call Aunt Brittany. And I let Aunt Brittany take care of that.
The End (for a while I hope).
9 comments:
I agree, that it is all in the name. When said properly, it sounds like a dignified and elegant woman's name to me. . .a combination of Virginia and Regina. What a great way to enter the world! Lot's of luck getting India to buy into that!!
Oh that's tricky. She's just too curious, but at least you have back-up to help you. We vote for Ammon's word choice. Very clever. Oh and I'm sorry I caused you to lose your bloggy background. :) Ammon must have been busy for those three weeks not to notice. :)
Carter did the same thing. Except he also wanted to know how the baby got into my tummy. I just told him it took a mommy and a daddy to make a baby grow in my belly. And since we use such correct terms we actually called it the uterus.
When he first asked how the baby was going to get out I told him the doctor would help it come out. When that didn't satisfy him I told him that when Heavenly Father made our bodies he made a special place for a baby to come out. And then a few weeks later (I'm not making this up!) we were driving down the street and he says "Ooooh, I get it!" At which point I was totally confused at to what he was getting. "Your vagina just opens up and the baby comes right out." Trent and I just stared at each other to total shock. How did he get that?!
Holy crap, Janel. I think I would have a car accident if India did that to me. That Carter . . . he's something else. Love his guts.
When my sister is unavailable, you just might be getting a phone call from India. ;)
Wooooow. She is too smart. Everyone needs an aunt Brittany!
That is so funny. I love the picture for it. Well, I'm sure you know what I tell Kate because Kate was probably the one to tell India. You really don't have to be afraid. Be bold, Erin. Bold and Beautiful! Kate and I had the funnest time talking about all the body parts that people don't use and she was just giggling away at what funny words they were. Even 'buttocks' was a crack up. It's a good time. What did your mom do for you? Was she chicken, too? I'm just glad you have someone to pass India onto so she can satisfy her curiosity.
That is so funny! I had Maren asking when I was pregnant with Katie, I explained it to her, the whole story, but watered down a bit. Then when we had Becca, she just wouldn't let it rest. I found a "clean" birth on youtube and showed it to her, we talked about it. She wasn't freaked out or grossed out. She understood and it didn't bother her any more! They can handle it! And India will let everyone else know how it works!
I homebirth. My children know all about where babies come from starting at an early age. They know I'm moaning because my "uterus is contracting and the cervix is opening up"...my 3 year olds exact words. So you won't be surprised when my 5 year old was asked at church the age-old question of "Where do babies come from?" He begins, "Well, you start with an egg and then the sperm come to fertilize it, and," that is where he is interrupted by the teacher. Woops! I think the answer she wanted was "Heaven." I had a talk with him afterwards and so now other children can learn about the miracle of life from their parents. Not to put a damper on the fun words you choose for body parts, but I'm a firm believer in using the real words for your body parts. That's right people....vagina. Well, I occasionally call my breasts, "the girls" or more recently "my milks". Now if you want a really interesting story I can tell you all about when my oldest found out how babies are made. The highlight was when he shouted across the room to his younger brother, "Guess what!? Our penis' break off!" Once I corrected him, he was more shocked by how it is done, over his penis breaking off! He said, "So you've done this 5 times?" (3 kids and 2 miscarriages, at this point) I told him more than that and he said, "For practice?" I said "Yes and for fun, too." His eyes popped open wide! Later they were watching a birth video, but when they realized there was a sperm/egg video, Isaac pulled his brother aside and said, "Come on, let's watch this one instead. This is about stuff we can do!" For the next week, I was inundated with pictures of sperm and eggs getting fertilized. Granted the 5 year could have waited another few years to learn all this, but seeing as he was getting pumped with a bunch of misinformation from the older sibling, he got to learn about it all, too. This was 4 years ago and they are just fine. We can talk about all their questions with ease and no embarrassment.
Vajunior. That's hilarious. Thank goodness we haven't gotten there yet. My mom was really open with me and my friends would always have me go ask my mom when they wanted to know something. But I don't think I even asked until third grade!
Post a Comment