Thursday, November 04, 2010

What's better than eating Halloween candy?

Eating Halloween candy n a k e d.  
Why won't she keep her clothes on?

     I had a great weekend.  And of course, I didn't have my camera with me. So the pictures are from a few days ago.  Friday the girls and I picked up our friends, Kiersten & Morgan and headed to Orem to party with  Sarah Circle friends.  I kept the kids up waaaaaaaay too late, and they fell asleep in the car.  But our little friends apparently live in a different time zone in West Jordan because they were up at 6:45 am.  Well, probably earlier than that because that's what time I finally woke up to investigate the mysterious booms and giggles.  My work day doesn't usually start before 8 am.  Then Ammon and I took the kids to the zoo for trick or treating, which was SO MUCH FUN!  India loved the real cow (yes, "real" as in the guy dressed up in the cow costume giving away chocolate milk).  Then we went home and took a long nap.  When we woke up, it was pouring rain. However, Ammon and I ditched the kids with Uncle Bryce who took them trick or treating for an hour in the downpour while we went to the ballets The 4 Temperments and Carmina Burano.    Aside from the music which was AMAZING, this was the gayest thing I've ever asked Ammon to do. Think male dancers in flesh-colored spandex undies.  Or male dancers in banana-yellow spandex undies with asymmetrical spandex shrugs.  He was dying, and I was trying so hard not to giggle.  I loved every minute of it.

Maya's dragon costume.  Look familiar?  She kept to the dragon theme by eating the candy and the wrapper.   How do we know?  We found the wrappers in her diaper the next day.

Miss Maya waiting for Baby to come out of preschool.  Maya has had weird attachment issues this week.  She has cried and cried and cried after ANYBODY leaves her.  She cried the whole hour trick or treating with Uncle Bryce except to accept candy and say thank you.

Preschool pumpkins.

Practicing walking in a line with her preschool class and teacher Mrs. Kamille.

Finallly!  Baby is ready to come home!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I wish I could have seen Ammon squirming. That's awesome. David and my first "real" date was The Nutcracker. Now I think he and Baylie are going to go every year as a tradition. It's only $5 here. I love that India's teacher is brown!

Julie said...

So fun! My sister went to the same ballet. Funny. I love Maya and her nakey photo. Cute! Funny about the wrappers in the diaper. I found that one time - crazy! I can't believe it comes out intact even. I love the preschool pics. Sis. Almond rocks - she's like a full-on saint!