Say personal prayers with girls. Fill sippy cups with ice and cold water. Blow kisses. Say good night. Maya insists on sleeping in India's bed. India acquiesces. Go wash dishes.
Attempt #2: 10:30 pm
India gets out of bed because Maya keeps unplugging the heater and everything else that plugs into the wall. Maya comes into the kitchen and greets me, "Good Morning Mommy!" Put girls in their separate beds. Tell India that Mommy and Daddy need to spend time together so we can practice being in love. Go downstairs to watch TV with Ammon.
Attempt #3: 10:50 pm
India comes downstairs. "Mommy? Maya pooped in my room, and Belle ate it, and now Maya is wiping herself off." Head upstairs. India asks, "Did you have enough time to fall in love with Daddy tonight?" Change Maya. Fabreeze the crap out of girls' room. Exile dog to kitchen. Put girls in my bed. Maya keeps sitting on India's head. Ammon downstairs. No one is sleeping.
Attempt #4: 11:20 pm
Put Maya's zip-up jammies on backward. Put Maya in bed to scream herself to sleep. Snuggle with India. Story about a gassy witch by India. Maya still screaming. Change Maya's jammies to frontward. Ammon come in. Kicks India out of our bed.
Attempt#5: 11:45 pm
Maya still screaming. Ammon gets mad at her. Intense crying for 24 seconds. Silence.
Moral of the Story: Ammon should put the girls to bed every night.
10 comments:
Wow, that's exhausting. You seem to have handled it all so calmly. Nothing brings out my angry side more than having my precious nighttime alone time interrupted by kids who refuse to sleep. I think my girls will be figuring this out during this next year as Livvy gets closer to 2 and they start sharing a room. Yikes.
oh the joys of putting the children to bed. i like the moral of the story. daddy's should always be in charge of bedtime. :)
hey guys!!! I found your blog through Gio and Tasha's blog... hope that you don't mind if I checked it out!! I really miss you guys! I can't believe that your girls are grown up so big! They grow up too fast! They are beautiful girls!
I love the intense crying bit! That happens anytime David disciplines the boys. But then they are always better!
That sounds frustrating. I love India asking if you had enough time to fall in love with daddy. That's cute. I can't believe the poop story. Did Belle really eat Maya's poop? Kids are more sensitive about Dads'attempts to discipline - even if the Dad just gives the child an intense or disapproving look most kids bawl. I hope you have better luck next time and I seriously hope Ammon takes on the job for you. That would be heaven. Afterall, you are with them ALL day.
I love it! This will all be good blackmail and teaching tools in the future to your grandchildren!
Leave it to daddy to wait until the very end to save the day. Love the "practice being in love" statement. We may have to use that one.
That sounds alot like our house! Except I make them go to bed at 8:00!
That was AWESOME! Sounds like bed time at our house! I love how real that post was, I've got some great poop stories too, we should have a girls night out and let the Daddy's put the kids to sleep!
Oh man, I miss you guys! Those girls are too much! LOVE them :)
Post a Comment