Sunday, May 23, 2010

Awwww Nuts

I have a problem.

I'm late.

I'm always late.

I was born 2 weeks late and have never been bothered much by it. Inconvenienced, yes. Bothered, nah. Then I married someone who belives if you're not 15 minutes early you're late. Somehow this was never a problem when we were dating. And somehow I never remembered this irritating Ammon for the next six plus some years.

So earlier this year I decided I would make a concentrated effort to start being on time (read: early). And not just to scheduled appointments . . . everything!

But I blew it. Again.

I got an overdue notice from the library today.
Centerville Library will not let me pay in advance for late fines and damages.
I was just trying to be realistic.

And I paid eight bucks for the last redbox movie I rented. (In defense, it took us all eight nights to watch Sherlock Holmes because we'd watch it in 15 minute segments because Ammon was pooped at the end of his 15 hour work days).

The list goes on.
I've become so unorganized and irresponsible.
But I'm not giving up.
Any sage advice?

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I used to be early - and then I had kids. We know some people who have been married forever and the wife is always late. One time she was speaking in stake conference and walked in after the meeting started. To us, it's just funny. Do you like country music? I love it. Brad Paisley has an awesome song for you called "Waiting on a Woman."

Lacee DeG said...

SHooooot! I, too, am always late! I still get super stressed when I'm late and I HATE it! So, I write EVERYTHING down on my calendar. When we have to go somewhere, I pack everything the night before, and put it in my car. Then I wake up early, get ready, then get my kids ready. And maybe I do my make up in the car sometimes :) Only at red lights! Good luck!! and please pass on any advice!!

Susan said...

I'm right there with you. Sadly the military is not that forgiving. If you are late for a doctor's appt it goes on your file! And I still owe Provo Library around $60!