Monday, January 18, 2010

Yesterday was my favorite day of the week.


We have late church now, which I love.  India and I  played Princess Dominoes and Cooties, we made waffles again, Ammon was home, and the weather was nice as long as you weren't breathing it. 

Before church Ammon and I had a talk with India about the earthquake in Haiti.  We looked at pictures on ksl.com and discussed what the people were doing/feeling in each one.  She noticed Haitians had a different color of skin than we do.  I'm glad because we've been talking about race since last summer.  Then we asked India if she would give some of her money from her piggy bank to help the people in Haiti.  India started crying. She said it was hard.  She didn't want to because she was saving up to buy a toy.  I started crying because how do you help a three-year-old understand starvation, devastation, and urgency? I told India the story of The Good Samaritan, and Ammon explained that Jesus wants us to help other people however we can. India understood.  And she willingly gave up her money. We are so proud of her for doing hard things. Later in church, we showed India the picture of The Good Samaritan, and she told us the story word-for-word after only hearing it once!

To end a beautiful day, we went to Centerville for church and Rachel's 13th birthday (sniff sniff - my beautiful little sister is a teenager).  We played Junior Trivial Pursuit and got mad at Ammon for answering everybody's questions.  The only thing missing was Dad.  It's not right to have our family traditions without him.  Hopefully, my family can be with him soon in New Hampshire.  We miss you Dad!

3 comments:

Susan said...

What a wonderful little girl you have! You are such amamzing parents. Miss you guys!

Brittany said...

how cute is India!!! That is a great story! You guys are teaching her well! Good for you guys!!1

Laney said...

Wow. India is cute. I think I would have cried too. (If Taylor had made me give my money away)