Turns out they were there for me: Cheree was holding a very frightened India. The officers ask if I am the parent of this child. A wonderful lady (who I do not know but would love to) found India, called the police, and I'm guessing dropped India off in front of Cheree's house, which isn't exactly just around the corner from our apartment. The police took my and India's name, birthday, address, and phone number. I thought they were going to arrest me or fine me or both for being a dummy.
When we came home the door was open, and Maya and Ammon were still sleeping. India claims she left the house to look for me because she knew I was on a walk without her. Needless to say, the girls will be coming with me on all walks and runs from now on.
8 comments:
oh glad she's okay scarey
She is a very smart little girl.
Hmm . . . I leave my sleeping kids with my sleeping husband when I exercise too . . . maybe I shouldn't :-). We're so glad India's okay and well!
Oh my goodness! That's so scary. I'm glad it turned out okay. Time for a child-proof doorknob?
that is a really funny story. I want to hear Ammon's reaction and what you told him when you got home.
OMG! One time, I left Natalie at home sleeping with Terry while I took Trinity to school. I came home and she was in the front yard. I'm so glad someone was kind enough to bring her back. Was Ammon dead meat? Because Terry sure was!
this story is so great. I'm sure I would have done the same thing as ammon- slept through everything. Zeb's done all sorts of crazy things while I've slept. We have a lock that he can't even reach with a chair. That at least keeps him indoors.
Scary! David would totally do this. He can sleep through anything.
gah! i'm just waiting for the day when ben does the same thing.
Post a Comment