Tuesday, February 17, 2009

For the Grandmas & Grandpas

Happy Valentine's Day
(a couple days late)
How can you not love those baby chubbo cheeks, tummy, and legs?  Naked babies are always my favorite.  

Maya (7 weeks old) enjoys eating, going to bed late, her butterfly mobile, baths with India/showers with Daddy,  and church - aka - 3 hours of uninterupted cuddling from Mommy, Daddy, & Kenna.  She coos and smiles a lot more now.  She dislikes putting on lotion after bath time and not being held and cuddled during the day.   However, after an entire day of catnapping and constant whining, Maya slept 8 hours last night! Unfortunately, that meant Ammon slept in and was late to work this morning.  

India (officially 3 years old!) learned something interesting in church this week.  She told us, "the rain came crashing down and the floods came up and killed Jesus." Still working on getting that story right.

On Valentine's Day I got to sleep in.  When I woke up, I found this typed note from India (transcribed by Ammon) on the bathroom mirror:

Dear Mommy, 

     Get flowers.  And get some chocolate.  And milk.  Some food.  Get some more chips.  Get some cake.  Her pretty.  My mommy pretty.  Get a movie and popcorn.  Thanks for snuggle Mommy.  Happy Valentine's Day.  

Love you.
India

And a few minutes later Ammon and India walked in the door with flowers and the rest of the V-day loot.  I love you both!

9 comments:

Kayla said...

That picture of Maya is darling! I love her little chubs. And India is so cute and cracks me up! That note is so funny. And score on all that loot for Valentine's day!

kenna said...

I could eat your kids up, in a non cannibalistic way of course. You never know who might take me the wrong way...

Thanks, for the one billionth time, for sharing. Josh and I can't get enough of your littles, and it's so awesome to me that Josh has taken to little Maya.

A beautiful first for him.

Steve and Hailey said...

That is the best note. Jack learned that if you cry in nursery, "they pick you up and take you to your mommy and throw you down your stairs." Pretty good, huh?

I can't get over how wonderful Maya was. She is so pretty and made Steve feel like baby number two is going to be okay. :)

Unknown said...

I love how I can be roughly the same chubbers as my baby and she looks so much cuter in her clothes!! Yeah, you never know what they're REALLY teaching in primary. Good of India to report to you.

Anonymous said...

Look at those beautiful girls, don't you just love them. All the hassle to get them here then we can really enjoy them!!

Laney said...

Tell India that we miss her. I am jealous that your baby likes to snuggle. Hanky Panky will have no part of it. He likes to yell & squirm.

Anonymous said...

This is one Grampa who is absolutely thrilled, overjoyed, enthralled, amazed, excited (OK, you get the point!) with my beautiful grandaughters and the way you are raising them in a spirit of love and honest appreciation for life!

Emily Shaw said...

Erin - that is SO cute! I love when kids "write" notes. Spencer's Christmas wish list had the same 'feel' to it! Maya is so beautiful! I can't believe I've only seen her once! See what happens when the Primary gets switched up!?!?! You and Ammon sure make cute kids!

Kent and Leisy said...

you guys make such good looking girls!!