In a nutshell, I am just plain tired. The girls are unbelievably good, but I am still overwhelmed. Before I didn't understand how educated adults became addicted to methanphetamines, especially moms. But now I see the temptation: being skinny, feeling "good", having surplus energy to get everything done, not having to sleep, etc. The reasons I don't turn to drugs are a) we're dirt poor and can't afford it because our insurance costs so freaking much, and b) I visit teach a lady who has struggled with substance abuse for a long, long time in her life, and I do not want to go through those types of lifetime hardships.

Balancing fatherhood.
Yeah, Ammon has got the hang of it and makes it look like cake.

Great Grandma Parker, India, & Maya.
Grandma babysat the girls for me while I got my teeth cleaned. She also did a bunch of my chores because she's not used to "just sitting around." (My mom is the exact same way). When I got home, Grandma told me how good the girls were and how easy it was to watch them. I feel like a loser because she got more done in three hours than I do in a whole day and called it easy.
6 comments:
I'm glad that my wife is not a meth head.
Erin, don't feel like a loser. There were times that I made tyler watch the kids for 5 minutes so I could get in the car and just cry in peace. I promise it does get better, and easier. I think Mothers have a harder time because dads don't think about everything all at once like we do. Keep in mind your Grandma was only taking care of your girls for three hours, not 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Its easier to do something for three hours when you haven't been bogged down by it for days. I promise it gets better, it really does, but until then its okay if your tired and the house is a mess. Oh and PS enjoy the child labor, it doesn't always last that long!
I am really glad you aren't a meth head Erin. You'd lose all your teeth and you'd look gross. And your kids will turn out wonderful. Does it really matter if you get really tired some days? I say let India color all over Maya, and the walls. It would make for a great post.
Erin,
I totally understand! I'm exhausted all the time. But when Sammi plays with Elli and they are just so stinkin cute, it gives me the motivation to smile and plunge into whatever needs to be done.
As for babysitters: Grandma had a full night's sleep before tackling two little ones for 3 hours; she had lots of years of practice as a mommy and then grandma before helping you out. Don't be discouraged! Rejoice in knowing that it's a learned skill and if you don't feel like a pro yet, that's because you've only just begun!
I just learned that my super-organized, always cleaning, never tired MIL had a very messy house when she had little ones at home *gasp* so there's hope for us to get better at it!
Good luck as you head back to work!
I thought the same thing as laney- you look better with your teeth. stay off the meth :) I am soooo not looking forward to baby #2. terrible, I know. I'll love it- I'm just not excited about it. Give it a few more weeks and things should get better, right?! If I remember correctly- things got better with zeb at 9 or ten weeks. I'm sure with the second it may be more like 12 though :)
Oh Erin thanks for being so brave and blogging saying it's not a piece of cake right off. I am not that brave. But I understand how you feel and I agree with Ashley. 3 hours is different than 24-7.
When I am having a hard time I think at least it's one baby and not 2 or more.
Post a Comment