Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bumper Sticker of the Day


I understand that a kid has got to eat. But breastfeeding in public? How public? This isn't Europe or Africa you know. Vermont is the only state in the US that has legalized full-on nudity, but I don't think it was for breastfeeding conveniences.
I hope they at least advocate using a blanket to cover yourself. I'm still all about bottles.

13 comments:

Ashley said...

HA India is hilarious, I love that she sits backwards! And the whole breastfeeding thing? Feed your kids, fine, but don't show me what you got, cover up.

kenna said...

I concur 100%. I'm diggin the new look. I will start making some headers with these colors and with what you already have written. You can send me picks whenever.

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

Whhaaat? Crazy women. I'm all about doing what you have to do, but PLEASE don't let it all hang out.

Ammon said...

I disagree with all of you. I don't think women should be embarrassed to breastfeed in public. I also don't think they should be offended when I ask to take a turn.

taylor and laney said...

agree! just cover up! you know peeing is a very natural thing as well, but it is still against the law to do it in public. I don't understand what these women want. Just cover up! India is beautiful by the way.

The Corbetts said...

Yes the the wait is killing me. I have started to tell myself that the baby's not due till the day after Christmas so maybe it will come.

Unknown said...

I think it's more that you shouldn't have to hide while nursing your baby. . . Not just cover up. I heard once that a lady got asked to leave a burger king b/c she was breastfeeding. I'm not sure of her state of dress, tho. Love your blog, guys!! We should hang out sometime.

Anonymous said...

Where did your count down go? It gives me hope! I love the hooter hiders!!

Steve and Hailey said...

That's great..on second thought can you remove this post in case Steve sees it? We may be getting a second bumper sticker.

Florence Parker said...

I'm one of those crazy homebirthing, homeschooling mama's and I'm ALL about breastfeeding where ever and when ever you need to! I also grew up in latin america, so that could have shaped my bias! Breasts are for feeding and nuturing babies and it just so happens that they are also fun for men, too! It is the healthiest choice for baby and mom. But nothing like differing opinions to spice up life.

Erin said...

Florence you make me laugh because you are so honest! I love it! And quit hogging all the boy babies, ok? ;)

Jilly Bean said...

Erin Wiemers!!!!! It's been so long! I found you through Hailey's blog. I hope you don't mind. Anyway, it's so fun to see your family. You India is beautiful! She seems like a very fun, spunky girl! Congrats on your second! What are you teaching and where? I'm so glad you're still with the same dude. He's cool. Come check out my blog and drop me a line.

Walnut said...

i use to have a bumper sticker that said:

If you don't like the way I'm driving.....then stay off the sidewalk