Monday, June 23, 2008

Terrible Teens?

It happened. Tonight after I mildly got after India for doing something she wasn't supposed to she said, "I hate you." Twice. Very clearly. And then she kicked me in the face. I wasn't anticipating this for at least another eight years. I do not have a picture of her little butt sitting in time out because the camera batteries are dead. Perhaps I'll snap a picture of her tomorrow because I'm tempted to leave her in time out over night.

11 comments:

Emily Shaw said...

That's no fun! I'm so sorry she said that...luckily kids never mean it - especially to a parent. If you ever need to borrow our camera for those time outs, just let me know! ;)

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

No Way!! What a sassy little turkey!

Kayla said...

Ditto Janel's comment! Shelby's not talking yet, but she's been really sassy lately too. Maybe it's the heat?

Chad & Angela Nuttall said...

That's terrible! She started nice and early, what a stinker. I rememeber years ago I was nannying for a family, I had been for years and the little girl did the same thing. You know me and of course this being the first time a child had said it (and I sure felt like she meant it) I started crying. I had to leave the room to calm down. It didn't take long for her to come in say, "I didn't mean to make you cry. I guess I don't hate you." I laughed pretty hard! Hang in there!

Meredith said...

oh sad! why are kids the worst for their own mom? there should be a mother's day every month to make up for it.

The Corbetts said...

Yes lets race. I hope the baby comes after Christmas. I have been feeling really good just nausea. With max I had acid problems this time nothing. So i think i'm doing really good so far.

Erin said...

Ok. We're on. Except I hope my babe comes on Christmas Eve or Joseph Smith's birthday.

Susan said...

I love that sassy girl!! Sorry she's been acting up though.

Gowdies said...

That is a funny story! Oh the joy we get to look forward to. One day it will all be funny. . . atleast we hope!

Brittany Garey said...

at least you blogged about it, so now when she is actually in her terrible teens you can remember when she first started saying that. :)

Anonymous said...

Dang! A 24 hour time out, huh? At least give her some crackers and water in the meantime. :) She's adorable...and a stinker. Bet you're wishing now you weren't such a handful growing up. Reaping that is gonna be tough! :) And on that note, I probably shouldn't even have kids.