Thursday, March 13, 2008

Guess Who I Am on First Name Basis With?

Yup. That's right. Joseph Smith. Well, ok . . . actually the actor who played Joseph Smith, Nathan Mitchell. Want to know how? He's a therapist at my school. Our students (98% who are not Mormon) were DYING! Want to know how they found out? One of our students recognized him from the movie and told all the other students. I didn't even know they knew who Joseph Smith was. I still haven't seen the movie yet, so I had no idea.

Last year Ammon was also on first name basis with Joseph Smith Jr. That is until Joseph transferred out of his English class.

Now joking aside, if you or anyone you know has questions about Joseph Smith or anything else about the LDS church, leave me a comment or email me at erin.wiemers@gmail.com. I would love to share with you what I know.

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Erin, this is the treatment center you teach at right? that is so cool! so is he a therapist and an actor?

Meredith said...

oh that was camille posting above... on Merediths computer:)

Erin said...

Yes - isn't that great! Nate also plays Joseph Smith in the new Emma movie coming out. He's going to take our students on a field trip to the BYU film studio when they start working on another movie. I'm excited!

Brittany said...

Hey Wiemers... How are you guys?... It has been about a year I think, I can't believe how big India is. And she is adorable. Check out our blog and hopefully you will remember us..;)

Kayla said...

This is off the topic of your blog, but the color things I was telling you about are actually Color Surge by Crayola. They do have something called Color Wonder too, but it's not what I was thinking of. They're all cool though. I love new markers, crayons, colored pencils, anything!

Kayla said...

Hey, where've you been? You need to update. And I wanted to tell you I'm sorry I turned down the primary subbing. I felt so bad!