For the first couple of years of our marriage, we made do with lovely art pieces from my siblings. Now I get to showcase my little India! We've been using watercolor because that's what was available in my house. However, I have discovered the "paint-by-water" books at Target for 89 cents. As you see below, the most damage India has done is spill her water all over her shirt! It has been a super fun "too cold to go outside" activity.
"Untitled." Watercolor on Cardstock.
For those of you who aren't familiar with Jasper Johns' work, here's one piece entitled "False Start". I'm seeing the resemblance. Thanks Laney for helping me become more culturally aware today. (Do you have any of his prints at the bookstore?)

11 comments:
I am happy to say that I'm a proud owner of one of India's original works. I display it proudly on my fridge!
Another good 'too cold to go outside' activity? Visit McKenna.
Her paintings are beautiful! I will have to go buy a book, it sounds fun.
Kenna - agreed. We'll make a stop. Thanks for the invite!
My thoughts on the bottom picture: exciting and innovative movement-based performance that should be considered with possibilities of cross-pollination of other artists and really take advantage of a counterpulse physical space and completes the use of vital organizational resources.
Water painting sounds great! I will have to remember that one when Shelby starts creating art. Those new color wonder things look really cool too! I think that's what they're called anyway...the markers that color on colored paper?
Wally - you are never one to be upstaged! Thanks for the laugh.
Kayla - next time I'm at the store I will check out those neat markers. I'm a sucker for craft supplies.
i think she may be a young and budding jasper johns
Cute, cute! I love your little girl! Life is so fun...I can't wait until I can trust the boys with something as dangerous as paint--even watercolors. They are super destructive. BTW, we still keep up our blog every week losclaysons.com
we have posters of Jasper Johns, they are from that same poster catalog where you ordered the other poster. I'll bring it home and you can look through it.
she'll be as good or better than David at art! or she's just the kind of toddler that likes to make messes :)
what a good idea: painting! so simple, so brilliant. i'm glad we have you around for this inspiration from a busy mom.
Post a Comment