I don't think anybody has been reading this, but I'm going to update it anyway.
We had a really busy week this week -- not quite as busy though as last week. Tuesday was the fourth and I've decided that -- I guess this is just the first time I've thought about it -- The Fourth of July is my favorite holiday. You can't go wrong with fireworks and barbeques. We did both with Erin's family. A couple of days later we went back to Centerville for Bryce's (Erin's brother) reception. He got married about a month ago while we were in Illinois, so they had another reception so we could be there. Well, not exactly. There were many other people who couldn't or didn't want to make it up to Idaho for the first one.
Included among the people we were glad to see was Erin's Grandpa who came from Rhode Island to see all of the family. It was the first time that India has gotten to meet him. She was mostly all smiles. I think she likes him.
I got to barbeque three times this week. That's pretty good, but someday I'll go a perfect 7/7. It is the perfect way to cook. Yes, combining open flames and meat seems to call back some of the basic instincts leftover in our genetic makeup from primal man. I feel like ripping my shirt off grunting and howling to the fire gods. One of the best parts is the sizzle of cold meat being slapped on heated metal. Oh, it is wonderful.
I don't have any new pictures to introduce -- and I'm too lazy to charge up the batteries and go take some, so it'll just be typing for today.
2 comments:
You should take lots of pictures for us to see.
Is Erin still selling cosmetics?
Post a Comment