
When I first announced my pregnancy to my students, one of their first questions was "did you plan this or was it an accident?" I teach all boys, ages 12-18, who come from everywhere but Utah. In response to their question, I would hold up my hand with my wedding ring and tell them I'm married, which means there are no accidents when it comes to children.
Anyway, last night a few of my new students were asking questions about what I'm naming the baby, when I'm due, if I had any other children, etc. Here was my favorite part of the conversation.
New Student (in somewhat shocked tone): "You have another kid already? Are they both from the same dude?"
Me: "Yup. Same husband in fact."
I had to laugh. And seriously, thanks for sticking around to be my dude Ammon. Here is my other favorite line that happened yesterday at my 34 week check up.
Doctor (feeling my stomach): "Woah. This is going to be a BIG baby."
Me: "Big . . . as in how big?"
Doctor: "Well, if I were a betting man and you went all the way to December 27th, I'd say 8 lb something. But that's ok cause I've got one word for you: E P I D U R A L."
I couldn't agree more.
Anyway, last night a few of my new students were asking questions about what I'm naming the baby, when I'm due, if I had any other children, etc. Here was my favorite part of the conversation.
New Student (in somewhat shocked tone): "You have another kid already? Are they both from the same dude?"
Me: "Yup. Same husband in fact."
I had to laugh. And seriously, thanks for sticking around to be my dude Ammon. Here is my other favorite line that happened yesterday at my 34 week check up.
Doctor (feeling my stomach): "Woah. This is going to be a BIG baby."
Me: "Big . . . as in how big?"
Doctor: "Well, if I were a betting man and you went all the way to December 27th, I'd say 8 lb something. But that's ok cause I've got one word for you: E P I D U R A L."
I couldn't agree more.
10 comments:
Erin you are so funny! Glad to hear you are spreading some good morals at work:)
A big 'ole AMEN to the epidural! 8lbs is really not that big, I've had two bigger than 8lbs....not too much bigger, but I'll go with your doctor, I hope you don't got till the 27th.
Were you about ready to smack your doctor? I went to the gym with my sister in October and some old guy said to her, "I know a guy who can help you with that." He was referring to her state of pregnancy. Thankfully, Amy didn't skip a beat and she said, "Great!" There are two things I have no patience for when I'm pregnant. 1) smarty comments and 2) women in bikinis with picture perfect bodies, or for that matter, any of the stupid maternity models showing off gorgeous bellies and bodies...ROAR! Oh I do sound bitter, don't I?
Thanks Doc that makes me feel good. My Doc said about a month ago, are you eating good or healthy I can't remember, that made me think he's looking at my weight isn't he. I thought I was doing pretty good. I haven't gained as much as Max yet. Anyway I hope you have a great Birthday. And hope everything is going good with your pregnancy and baby.
No worries Erin. I lived through my Ayslind 9lbs2oz. Your almost there!
Wow, that is too funny! But it really makes you thankful for your happy and together family, doesn't it?! I too, have had 2 babies over 8 lbs, one of them 9. You can do it! Just prepair to feel like you got hit by a truck for about 5 days. Yay for modern medicine...
Best wishes in your final stretch! I wish you consecutive sleep, lots of drugs, and a quick delivery! Good Luck.
Here's a happy thought. You basically have fewer days to the delivery of your baby than I do to the ultrasound of my baby.
PS I like to use the word "then" and "than" correctly...is that the correct "than". You and Ammon should know. I am also sensitive to the use of "effect" and "affect," but I think I use it correctly.
Yes. That is the correct use of then/than. Then is a time order thing and than is a difference in magnitude thing. Effect/Affect is a little tricky. Effect is usually a noun and Affect is usually a verb, but affect can be a noun. Yeah...it's tricky. What isn't tricky is figuring out the level of my nerdiness -- it's high.
Erin! I'm so glad you found my blog! I've been thinking about you and your baby! I'll pray you go early! Miss you, Lacee
Post a Comment