Saturday, October 25, 2008

Top 100 Things I Hate About Pregnancy

Just kidding. Although I could easily list 100 reasons, I'll just stick to 10 for now.

10. Stretch marks.
9. Men telling me about their wife's extreme minimal weight gain during pregnancy. (No woman would be stupid enough to talk about gaining less than 30 lbs to another pregnant lady).
8. People telling me I look like I'm going to pop and then asking me if I'm due soon. (And those comments started last month too).
7. Bad skin due to stupid extra hormones.
6. Not being able to sleep on my stomach or with less than nineteen billion pillows holding me up on my side.
5. Co-workers rudely commenting about me wearing tight shirts. (Come on people! I'm outgrowing maternity shirts and I've got 9 more weeks to go, so cut me a break).
4. Not being able to exercise for very long because baby is damaging my siatic nerve.
3. Wicked bad heart burn.
2. Hypothetically speaking, knowing I would pass up a $100 bill on the ground because I'd have to bend over to pick it up.
1. People looking at my belly instead of my face when they talk to me.

Please don't ask me how I'm doing. I'm not a pleasant person. Just be grateful you're not living with me.

16 comments:

SDL said...

I have to deal with those same issues and I don't even get a baby at the the end (I don't know if there will even be an end). If you've seen the movie wall-e I'm starting to look like the people that have been stuck in space for 700 years. Maybe Ammon will let me join their work out group.

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

I think you look so dang cute! Every time I see you I think, man I wish I looked that cute when I was pregnant, and I love that you can wear a tight shirt and look cute. I know that doesn't help any, but really I do. And lets be honest... the last 2 months are the WORST! I think even worse than the being sick part, okay so that may be going too far.

Laney said...

you are funny erin. i'd pick up the hundred dollar bill for you and i would even give you half.

Kent and Leisy said...

are they giving you a hard time at DA? tell me it's not the creepies at DA. is it vera? cause she was always asking me how "heavy" I was getting- and then asked 3 weeks postpartum if I'd lost all the weight yet. thanks for making my day with that post! I'd tell you it's all worth it in the end- but sometimes I don't think that it is :)

Amy and Craig said...

Hey erin, this is hailey's sister, amy(leisy and laney's cousin). I feel your pain. I agree on the $100 bill. and why do we have to drop everything more than usual? I just keep thinking, "this better be a good one"! :>

Erin said...

Steve: Maybe you'd get a baby at the end if you'd quit eating them ;). Also, I noticed it is REALLY hard to get out of those chairs on the stand at church. How about an eject button or a little extra spring at least?

Really Laney? You'd give me half? You're a saint.

Leisy - Katherine is the main repeat offender. People over 65 think they can say whatever they want . . . like they've earned the right.

Janel - I hope my baby is as cute as both of yours! And thanks for countering the negative comments. I think I'll start wearing a tight T-shirt that says, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

Amy - How have you done this 3 times? Do tell me your secret.

Anonymous said...

Well my least favorite thing is always going over my due date!!! AND I gained 35 lbs this time and my doctor said (with two weeks to go at the time mind you) that he didn't want to tell me to go on a diet but maybe I should watch what I eat. Are you serious!!!

Steph said...

This is great! The picking up stuff was the worst for me too! Don't worry though, you are doing great and the baby will be here before you know it!

Susan said...

I feel for ya. It's so much longer the second time around isn't it. And you do look amazing. I wish I only gained 35 pounds with Andrew. But try 65!!

Amy and Craig said...

maybe it's just stupidity. I don't believe you actually forget the pain of labor or the exhaustion of the first year, I guess you just get nuts enough to do it again. Or maybe you spend too much time watching your kids sleep. :>

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are not feeling well! I love you:) Don't worry when your kids are teenagers and brats I will tell them all the stuff you went through for them! Plus the next time I see you I will tell you how skinny you are, how all your clothes look super baggy and I will bend over and pick everything up so you don't have too! You are a trooper Erin.

ansons said...

I can't empathize, so I'll just say that there's a light at the end of the tunnel. You can interpret that however you want. Joe

The Corbetts said...

Amen Sister, I thought I was doing good on my weight and then someone has to say oh when are you going to pop. I didn't even know what to say i was thinking i'm not that big. I was laughing and noding my head as I read your post loved it and know some what of what your going thru.

Janine said...

OK, I'm like 4 days pregnant (OK, 6 weeks) but I HATE the bad skin. Permanent PMS. For NINE MORE MONTHS. Anyway, I totally sympathize with this post. When I was pregnant w/ the boys people started making "popping" comments around month 6...One memorable man asked me in the grocery store if I was "OK" because I was concentrating on choosing an ice cream flavor. Guess I looked a bit too concerned. Ah...good luck!

Unknown said...

Awwww, Erin! I feel your pain, pregancy is so not good to me. I wore Shade Maternity shirts my last trimester. There is no end to their stretchiness!! Hang in there!

Morgan Family said...

I have two days left, and was sitting here thinking of all the things I hate about these last weeks. And then I remembered having read this post last year. Thanks for the laughs. I'm grateful to know that I am not the only one who does NOT think that pregnancy is bliss up until the moment of delivery. I'm tired of women telling me how great they felt when they were pregnant, and that I should be grateful. Thanks for your candor and always being that friend that I could so easily relate to...for the past 15 years. I love you.