Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Analogy





A typical week in the Wiemers' household is like a merry-go-round. It's got ups and downs, but eventually we get around to the next weekend.

Recent ups: Ammon's chili won first place at the ward chili cook-off! And we've got the ribbon to prove it. Ammon also made teacher of the month at school and received a hundred bucks for it. This is really cool because teachers are nominated by students rather than other teachers. Moving on. I made dinner 3 times last week. Ammon bought me a Harry Potter book and some new slippers for no reason in particular. If you know Ammon's feelings about Harry Potter, you know this purchase was a moral sacrifice. Lastly, I am happy to report that India is now good enough to go and participate in story time at the library again! We took a six month sabbatical from all public "playgroup" things because India would run away from me and tease other children.

Recent downs: Ammon's soccer team lost at region, but it was the first time they made it to regions in 7 years. Ammon is now shifting his extracurricular activities from soccer to debate. Next, India broke her first item at a store (worcestershire sauce), which made a huge, pungent mess. I fired her from grocery shopping with me in the future. On the flip side, today India fired me and Ammon. Then she found new parents. The new parents had way cooler toys and snacks. She and her new brother managed to escape from the new parents by crawling under pews and through a maze of legs. Then the new parents fired India, and we had to take her home with us.

What about our in-between moments? Here's an example: Ammon was intrigued by a few of our friends' ugly baby blogs, so he googled ugly babies. Unfortunately, we have found that India is terrified by the Mr. Bean baby. Shaking, screaming, running terrified. I kind of am too.

At any rate, last week was a good ride!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin you guys are so fun! I want to go and sit in on Ammons class and I need to try that chili now... I love chili! You guys are so cool, congrats on another great week. :)

Nikki said...

Hey Bulldozer! (I miss you so much!) Your blog makes me laugh. :o) India is sounding more and more like a mini Erin! Ha! Serves ya right! I think all parents should get at least one child just like themselves when they were younger. I am fearful of this myself. :o) Things are great on my end. Loving NY more and more.

kenna said...

Ups and downs, isn't that life for ya? India looks darling, and you are a great mom for documenting her...even if it means developing some 200 photos...

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I love those pictures of India. She is such a cutie! I especially love the one of her on the steps. She definitely is growing up too fast!