Sunday, September 16, 2007

Picture Updates


This is India and her friend Raegan at the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy. The aquarium is 1/2 price the first Monday of every month: adults $4, children $3, age two and under free. It was cool, but definitely not more than a $4 show. The best attractions were the octopus suctioned to the glass, fluorescent jellyfish, and the stingray petting pool. Slimy!

Continuing the water theme. I had tried and tried and tried all day long to get India into a bathing suit, so she could swim in her pool. Through compromise, we managed a win-win situation.

Dinner time has become a battle of wills: India vs. me. This night India wouldn't eat anything I put in front of her. So I opened the cupboard and presented can after can to see what she wanted for dinner. She decided
on green chili peppers. I think I won.

13 comments:

Ashley said...

stinking cute erin!! i think its funny she wanted green chilies!!! how old is she now??

Erin said...

Thanks Ash! India is 19 months.

taylor and laney said...

was that ammon or erin that fed her the green chiles? it sure sounds like an ammon thing to do whoever did it, i think it was a fantastic idea!

Kent and Leisy said...

love the pictures. does she hate swim suits that bad? she certainly got ammon's personality (by that i mean stubborn and picky). :)

Erin said...

I fed India the green chilies, so she wouldn't ask for it again. As for swim suits . . . who knows? She's just sassy sometimes.

kenna said...

I love that you documented the 'green chiles incident.'

And I am stoked...just thought I would say it again.

Erin said...

Yea for vacations!

kenna said...

Hopefully you are addicted to the blog and check for comments every hour...because I don't want to call you again...for fear of freaking you out.

Thanks for the towels yesterday! I plan on making an IKEA trip tomorrow (Saturday) in the early afternoon ish. You are welcome to join!

And I have decided that it is my duty to get you to blog more.

Erin said...

Aaaaaahhh! I'm the project now!

Kent and Leisy said...

i'll be a part of making you a project too! we are missing india growing up! and i want to know how those alli pills are working!!

Steve and Hailey said...

I love all the pictures! Hooray! I know exactly what you mean about eating being a battle. Jack usually wins. Afterall, I'm the one stuck with cleaning the floor, booster seat and child at the end of the meal...and I keep wondering when does mommy get to eat?

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes you ARE the project now...

It's about time I get a break.

Anonymous said...

Erin, very cool pictures and descriptions. India evidently has a few Wiemers taste genes if she is attracted to peppers. I see she had a typical reaction for a "first timer", but you can assure her that it is an acquired taste... I'm interested to know how she reacts to a garlic dill pickle!!

papa john