I've never been happy about the release of a book -- that is until just this week. Yes, I'm talking about the release of the seventh and final installment of Harry Potter. The difference between my excitement and the excitement felt by most people is that I'm only happy because it is the final Harry Potter and we are that much closer to being done with that stupid little boy witch. (And to all those who will say "he's a wizard" I say "he rides a broom -- he's a witch.") I just can't wait until the final movie. Honestly, I don't get any of the genuine excitement that people won't shut up about. And no, that isn't just because I haven't read any of the books and if I did I'd understand. I will never read even one page of one of those books. That is enough about that. I'm actually a little embarrassed about having written the words Harry Potter. I hope that is the last time I ever will.

Erin and I are on the cusp of beginning a new diet. She has determined, and I said I'd do it too, that this is the best diet to try. We are going to start The South Beach Diet tomorrow. Oh boy. We went to Costco yesterday and bought a would be starter kit for the diet. I've never bought so many vegetable at once in my entire life. It felt wrong. Not only that -- we didn't buy anything with sugar in it. That also felt wrong. So, for the next two weeks we won't be eating any bread, fruit, juice, well basically anything yummy and tasty. Essentially, for 14 whole days we will be cutting as many carbs as possible. Apparently, there are good and bad carbs and we're getting rid of the bad ones (whatever the aitch that means). Alls I knows is that we gots a list of good foods and bad foods and I ain't allowed to eat none from the bad list. Yes I know the grammar in that last sentence is awful, but I feel like a moron learning how to eat. I mean honestly, I've been doing it for a while now and I thought I had the general idea of it down -- eating. Nope. I've been doing it all wrong.
Well, that's all for now. And bring on the lettuce wraps. Lettuce wraps?
10 comments:
Such a Party pooper, Harry Potter is fun. But I do agree with you about the food ammon, I think I live my life by the bad food list!!
My mom did the south beach diet! and I read the book and decided that I couldn't do it! I think it worked pretty well for her until she gave it up, but good luck and yea for you guys for being super healthy.
love your blog. ammon, taylor and I quite like your writing style. it's always nice to read a blog well written. -laney
As for the diet: Try the 'Power Diet.' My 'Power Pepsi' is working wonders...
Ammon you are such a Muggle!
Wait until you are on the no carb thing for awhile, you will crave white bread like no other! :) Good luck :)
A Muggle? You can't just make up words and expect me to take offense. Or, is it a compliment? Whatever it is, I don't care.
I'm with you, buddy! Didn't know a muggle from a molehill, so I looked it up. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muggle. Not a compliment...
Looks like you're being referred to as a person who lacks magical skills, one who has no imagination, one who doesn't understand children, or marijuana...you take your pick.
I have asked several people on planes and in the airports how many of the characters got killed off. Not because I am curious, but like you, I want to make sure there are as few cinematic sequels as possible.
Good luck on the diet. I won't send you pictures of your Wiemers ancestors. It would probably detrimentally affect your commitment level.
Hey, how do you get music to play? I must learn this! Can you help us out!?
The music is a great addition to your blog, Ammon. Oh, and not that you care, but the Harry Potter series is pretty much amazing.
Britt
Post a Comment