If the first year is the hardest, we are over it. If it is the easiest, oh boy here we come. We have just finished one year of parenthood, and in all I think we fared pretty well. For her birthday India got a highchair in which Erin and I will feed her. It's really a present for Erin and me, but India thinks it's pretty cool too. She enjoys the wonderful tone she can make when she bangs whatever she is holding on the plastic tray. She also got some toys which she loves. Among her favorite toys is her xylophone. Although Erin noticed that the "a" is flat, India just likes the noise regardless of the tonal quality. Oh yes, and she loves the maracas. She could pretty much care less what clothes she wears -- she might rather not wear any. She does love, though, showing off her Sunday dress and laughing when people -- mostly her mom and dad -- tell her how beautiful she looks. The best part of her birthday party was the tearing apart of her very own baby cake. It took some encouraging, but once she realized that we weren't kidding about letting her have it, that cake and baby both became a mess of some sort of purple goo and yummy. She loved it. I'm continuing the fight at West Jordan High School and Erin is still at Discovery Academy. I got in my mailbox today a form to fill out saying whether or not I plan on returning next year. I'm leaning toward staying. Recently the debate coach asked me if I wanted to take over the program, and I'm probably going to do so. I might also have the opportunity to be an assistant coach for the girls soccer team, which I would love. So, in the end I'll most likely decide to remain at the school for another year.

3 comments:
I'm so glad that a few people are starting to look at this thing and make comments. I love the feedback
Great b-day pics! India sure loves her cake, doesn't she?!! Thank you for posting your stories and photos. Papa John
happy birthday India, Thanks for the letter, it's great!
Post a Comment