People, when is it legal to begin celebrating the Christmas season? I believe that the day after Thanksgiving is reasonable. However, Ammon is a man who barely believes in holidays occuring in August through April. So it is understandable from a holiday grump's point of view to see why it is ridiculous to put up the entire five Christmas decorations we own six days before December 1st. But I've got good news. We worked out a compromise. If I wait for December 1st to decorate, Ammon said I could go out and buy more Christmas decorations. So three miniature Christmas trees, twenty bucks in ribbon and ornaments, and a nutcracker later, I can't complain. And I can't wait until next year.India just had her 9 month check-up. The results: she's perfectly healthy and received her first flu shot. She has 4 more teeth coming in, and she dropped from the 10th to the 3rd percentile in weight and height - due to the many calories she burns from crawling and WALKI
NG! Not only walking, but even running, kicking, and jumping when Ammon plays "I'm gonna get you" with her. India has added kissing the pretty baby in the mirror to her bag of tricks. (Occassionally, mommy and daddy get kisses too, which is cute, but slobbery). Also, India now spits, dances on her knees, knocks down blocks, steals binkies from other babies, and throws tantrums. The funniest tantrum she's thrown yet was when the people behind us in church started eating their snacks without sharing any with India.Last week India met Grandma Garey who surpised my dad with a birthday visit. Next week we will do something fun to celebrate my 24th birthday. We will also be starting a new Thanksgiving tradition: the homemade pie contest. Yummmmmm. Meanwhile, Ammon will continue to persevere through high school (again), and I will maintain my part time teaching at Discovery Academy. Cheerio!
No comments:
Post a Comment